Improving cross-border communications
The overall objective of the project was to improve cross-border communication and information flow within the Barents region. Barents Mediasphere project aimed to create flexible cooperation mechanisms for media in the Barents region.
Activities conducted during the project
Increasing Barents region visibility
- Identify needs of information on Barents region
- Developing Barents guide for European media
- Integrating Barents information with Circumpolar Arctic information
- Organizing Barents information briefings
- Monitoring the Barents region visibility in Nordic countries
Establishing Barents editors forum
Improving Barents related and professional expertise of journalists working in the region by arranging training programs and short courses
Stimulating journalists of the Barents region to the existing Barents Press network
Producing and making news and human interest material available
- Developing existing websites such as Barentsinfo.org with Barents-related content
- Producing “Mixed marriages” documentary
- Producing news material
- Providing practical help for journalists by offering exchange of desks and assistance for media in cooperation
Kolarctic ENPI CBC Programme and national funding from the participating countries and partners.
The total budget is 899 730 euros.
Kolarctic ENPI CBC programme