Economy and Business
Education & Research
Environment & Nature
Animals and plants
Environmental Impact Assessement
Natural resources in the region
Oil and gas
Media & News
Travel and Tourism
Transport and communications
Barents Media Guide
Oil and gas related links
- information on oil and gas activities in the Arctic seas. Arctic Web is a joint-industry project aiming to make Arctic data accessible and searchable in one place. Currently information on the Norwegian Continental Shelf is available. The goal of the project is to create a web framework that would continuously harvest predefined information from the Key Data Owners – reputable authorities and institutions that produce and maintain reliable and high quality information related to Arctic areas.
Map of oil and gas deposits in the Barents region
Oil Transport from the Russian part of the Barents Region
- reports also describe the development of present and planned oil terminals and pipelines.
Petroleum activitiy in the Barents sea
- Norwegian Petroleum Directorate, maps of exploration wells and discoveries
Snøhvit gas field - Barents Sea
- Statoil Gas Field Development Project
Shtokman gas and condensate field development project by Gasprom
Reports from the Environmental Impact Assessment procedure of the Shtokman project
All-Russia Petroleum Reaserch Exploretion Institute (VNIGRI)
Atlas on Northern onshore and offshore, Russia
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate
- an independent State administration body reporting to the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.
Oil and gas resources in Russia and pipelines to Europe
- by Energy Information Administration (US).
Oil and Energy
in the BarentsObserver.com - news and articles
– information on the Norwegian oil and gas industry and key suppliers from the North Sea to the Arctic Shelf.
Subsea Oil and gas Directory
– Companies in Drilling, Offshore, Pipeline, Exploration. The subsea industry directory and search engine providing industry professionals with a massive collection of subsea oil and gas information.
Energy Information Administration
(EIA). Official Energy Statistics from the U.S Government. Provides country energy information on oil and gas.
USGS Open File Report 99-50N, South and North Barents Russian Offshore Arctic, 1999
- information on the geology of the Barents sea etc.
Geology and the oil and gas assesment of the Timan-Pechora Basin in the Northwest Russia
- U.S. Geological Survey report. The Domanik Palaeozoic oil prone total petroleum system covers most of the Timan/Pechora Basin Province of northwestern Arctic Russia.
Oil and gas fields
The Yuzhno-Russkoye field ABC1
Gazprom Gas pipelines
(map user interface)
Publications and magazines
Scandinavian Oil-Gas Magazine
Oil of Russia
– International Quarterly Edition. Online magazine designed to provide information on oil and gas developments in Russia, the CIS and Eastern Europe
Oil and Gas Exploitation on Arctic Indigenous Peoples’ Territories
- Human Rights, International Law and Corporate Social Responsibility, by Rune S. Fjellheim and John B. Henriksen [pdf]
Petroleum Strategy for Finnmark 2006-2009
- in Norwegian
Russian oil transit - way to the North
- article in BarentsObserver about the future oil and gas activities and it’s possible influence to the domestic fishery and entire environment.
- commentary about Russia’s real oil and gas reserves in Bellona website
Oil and gas activity
- This publication gives a comprehensive, detailed statistical survey of the oil and gas activity on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, by- Statistics Norway
Alexander’s Gas & Oil Connections - News and Trends
Alexander’s Gas & Oil Connections - Russia identifies blocks for coming Barents licensing rounds
The Voice of Russia:
Russia’s gas projects in the Arctic, 25.11.2011