Links to general informaton on education and research in the Barents region
- Reseach councils and academies
- Higher Education in the Nordic Countires - give easy accesss to information about higher education and universities in the Nordic countries. Furthermore, you can find information about other Nordic cultural phenomena related to education.
- Nordic Academy for Advanced Study (NorFA) - grants for Nordic co-operation in research and research training. In addition, NorFA is an important actor in Nordic research policy.
- Research.fi - contains key statistics and other data on Finnish science and technology. There are also links for more in-depth information: statistical and other publications, documents and databases.
- The Norwegian Research Database - NFI - search for projects, research institutes and researchers
- Forskning.se - about Swedish research, there is a search engine, links to popular science, FAQs, newsletter, calendars, activities and much more.
- Swedish Polar Research Secretariat
- Discover Finland - about education, training and youth - CIMO
- Study in Russia - contains information about Russian universities and educational centers offering educational programs for foreign students. Educational programs include: Russian language programs, study programs of all levels on different sciences (designed particularly for students who do not know Russian language). Contains also extensive reference data on practical issues of education and living in Russia.
- Study in Sweden
- Swedish National Agency for Higher Education
EU and research
Publications and journals
Links to the publication databases or lists of publications for individual universities and research institutes are listed with them.
- ScienceNordic - independent news on research in the Nordic countries.
- Arctic Human Development Report - comprehensive assessment of human well-being covering the entire Arctic region.
- Arctic Climate Impact Assessment publication (ACIA), 2004.
- The Barents Sea Report, Global International Waters Assessment Barents Sea, GIWA Regional assessment 11.
- Guidelines for Improved Cooperation between Arctic Researchers and Northern Communities
- Climate Change, Permafrost and Impacts on Civil Infrastructure, 2004.[pdf]. By US Arctic Research Commission.
- Bibliograhpy of North-Eastern Lapland / Koillismaan luonnontieteellinen bibliografia 1980-2001- in Finnish
- 2002 Human Health in the Arctic Report (AMAP) - for scientists, students, university and technical libraries
- Russia - IEM Virtual Library (Mineralogy, Petrology, Geochemistry)
- Nordic Journal of Youth Research
- Kola Science Centre - bibliography, book issues of the KSC years 2000-2003 [pdf]
- Institute of North Industrial Ecology Problems, INEP - Projects Publications
- Murmansk State Technical University - publications
Portals, educational materials and link lists
- IGLO, International Action on Global Warming - videos, games and other material for the general public and students on the global change
- Athenaweb - science films for education and general public
- RUSSIAinfo - an information service covering online resources on Russia.
- Online course on the greenhouse effect and climate change - short-term course, based on reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The course is interactive, richly illustrated, avoids heavy scientific jargon, has a rich library of resources with articles, animations, videos, debates, FAQs, quizzes, easy lab- activities and weblinks.
- Education and Science in the Murmansk region
- ARCUS - Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S.. Directory of Arctic Researchers - more than 3900 international arctic researchers.
- Unesco portal to Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations
- Universities worldwide - a searchable database of Universities around the world
- Science links under the catalogue of Swedish websites
- scholar.google.com - searches specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research.
- Aleksanteri institute - is affiliated with the University of Helsinki and operates as a national centre of research, study and expertise pertaining to Russia and East Europe, particularly in the social sciences and humanities. The institute co-ordinates and promotes cooperation and interaction between the academic world, public administration, business life and civil society in Finland and abroad.
- Nordregio - A centre for research, education and documentation on spatial development, established by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Research news from Sweden.se
- Articles about Swedish research
- The Knowledge Foundation - Sweden, goals are to promote research and postgraduate programmes, competence development in industry and school development and IT
- The foundation for strategic environmental research - supports strategic environmental research with a long-term perspective, aiming to solve major environmental problems. The main part of Mistra’s funding is focused on broad-based interdisciplinary programmes. Sweden
- Nordic Energy Research - focuses on the following areas: Integration of the energy market, Renewable energy sources, Energy efficiency, The hydrogen society and Consequences of climatic change on the energy sphere.
- International Union Forestry Research Organisations - IUFRO